* Tonight, Ladies Lotto is hosting a “future of Fashion” panel at the Tribeca Grand. I’m not familiar with Ladies Lotto, but this panel promises an inside look at the industry featuring “some of the city’s leading fashion industry experts including designers, forecasters, stylists, photographers, publicists and editors.” And there are gift bags and cocktails! More info here.
* Tomorrow night things really kick off with Ruben Toledo giving a talk and doing a signing of his new illustrated Penguin Couture Classics at F.I.T.
Thursday, October 29, 6-8 pm
Katie Murphy Amphitheatre, Fred P. Pomerantz Art and Design Center, first floor
“Ruben Toledo talks about art, fashion, his wife Isabel, her influence on his work, and why “collaboration is the name of the game” for this Cuban-born artist. A signing of books from Penguin’s Couture Classics series will follow the lecture. The covers of Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, and The Scarlet Letter feature original art by Ruben Toledo. “ Free with RSVP. Call 212.217.4585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. .
* Friday night, the Halloween fun starts with an art crawl in DUMBO with gallery events, and a dance party:
There are so many events on actual Halloween night, I debated even posting since I would inevitably leave some out. But here are a few of my best suggestions, based on past year’s parties, hype, and word of mouth:
* Flavorpill’s party, which is always huge, and benefits a good cause:
* Surreal Estate’s “Heave on Hell” in Bushwick:
Just one of many “secret” Halloween loft parties going on this weekend. (Recommended by Bushwick BK.)