It’s Time for Fashion Week!!!
Lately, my life has been a little crazy. I’ve been so busy getting ready for it, I almost forgot to actually mention here the fact that I am going to fashion week! I was approved for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week credentials, and have been invited to attend both shows in the tents, and off site! I’m really excited, as this will be my first full fashion week covering shows. I went one day in September 2007, and for three days last season. Here’s hoping I survive ten days of fashion insanity. (Yes, I said ten, fashion week unofficially starts on Wednesday.) Some of the items I’ll be carrying around to help keep me sane, and insure I’ll be getting the best possible coverage of all of the events:
1. Canon DSLR Camera
2. Plenty of Extra Memory Cards
3. Flip Ultra HD Video Camera
4. Camera Backpack
5. Step Stool AKA a “Turtle” to see above the crowds in the press pit.
6. Assorted Lenses. Probably Three. (I shoot most shows with a telephoto, but will need variations for shooting street style, and presentations where the models stand much closer to the audience.)
7. My Blackberry
8. Macbook. For all the times I’ll have breaks to edit photos or make posts.
Other Essentials I’ll also be carrying or wearing:
1. Converse Chuck Taylors
2. Moleskine Weekly Planner
3. C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine (I’m addicted, and it’s sooo glossy!)
4. Peanut Butter Crackers. Perfect mix of carbs and protein for a quick snack.
5. Water. LOTS of water.
6. LUSH Lemony Flutter Hand/Cuticle Lotion
7. My Invites. Just in Case.
8. Not Pictured: Glucose Tablets. If you’re like me, and get uncontrollable rage and feel nauseous when your blood sugar gets extremely low, they will fix it (and save you from passing out). Perfect for those days you just can’t get away before realizing it’s 4pm and you never ate lunch.
I can’t wait until all the fun starts on Wednesday. It really is hard work too though, and pretty much guaranteed by the end of the week you either won’t be able to feel your legs, or will be sick. Ten 10hour+ days in a row catch up with you fast. Despite the unavoidable exhaustion, I’m incredibly excited and so happy I’ll be able to bring everyone so many great posts and photos. Keep an eye out for news of some guest posts I’ll be doing too! I’ll be sure to update everyone once I know more about my exact schedule.
Thanks for reading everyone, if it weren’t for you, none of this would be possible.
All images via google images.