Backstage at Christian Siriano’s Spring 2012 show, AVEDA lead stylist Antoinette Beenders created a look inspired by Christian’s “smart, flirtatious” muse. With the collection itself inspired by sea creatures, barnacles and ocean life, the fun-loving beach-y waves provided the perfect complimentary style.
To get the look:
1. Dampen hair at the root with Aveda Volumizing Tonic and blow dry with a large round brush to create natural volume. For added lift, use Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray as a setting lotion while blow-drying by lightly misting the hair.
2. Use a one-and-a-half-inch barrel curling iron to curl one-inch sections of hair away from the face until all hair is curled. Rake with fingers to loosen.
3. Flip hair upside down and gently brush curls through using a Mason Pearson hair brush.
4. Flip hair back up. Create a deep side part and gently smooth out the top of hair using a comb, maintaining volume at the part.
5. Spray Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine onto a kabuki makeup brush and stroke the brush over hair from roots to ends to give a healthy shine. Keep style in place and protect against humidity with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray. — via Aveda’s Antoinette Beenders
The makeup for the show was the brainchild of Polly Osmond for MAC. Osmond was also influenced by the clothing’s under-sea theme, and choose bright colors, like one would find underwater. Eye makeup was applied using fingertips to give it a more free-flowing ocean-y look. Osmond dabbed 3 dots of color under the lower lash line, using MAC Eyeshadow in Three Ring Yellow. Lips were layered with a combination of MAC Lipstick in Innocence, Beware! and MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Woo Me.
As for the beautiful clothes? They should speak for themselves:
See the full photo set here
All Photos and Content ®2011-2012 Rachel Scroggins/The Greyest Ghost