When you attend one of Peter Som’s fashion shows, you’re always guaranteed at least one sure thing– there will be COLOR. From the clothes, to the hair and makeup. Peter’s shows present a rainbow of hues to dazzle the eye.
Peter’s spring concept was “women on the verge”, about a slightly unraveled woman who walks the line between uptown and downtown, and is “a bit undone, but still chic”.
Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman brought the inspiration to life, in collaboration with Wella Color Ambassador Aura Friedman. Together, they created a slightly mussed ‘do, with “precious mineral” toned hair extensions as highlights.
To get the look:
1. Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to damp hair, to prime hair.
2. Allow hair to air dry.
3. Part hair in middle, and insert colored extensions throughout.
4. Lightly mist Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz on hair, for texture.
5. Twist hair into low bun, securing with a clip. After hair is dry, hand comb to loosen waves.
6. To finish, apply a dime size amount of Wella Professionals Texture Touch onto hands, and gently massage onto top of hair where texture is desired.
ZOYA, collaborating with Peter Som, created an updated french manicure to complement the collection and further promote the concept of a “classic woman with an edge”
Using one coat of ZOYA’s Jacqueline as a base, nails were painted with 2 coats of mint green “Neely”, then finished with orange cream shade “Sharon” on the tips.
MAC’s Tom Pecheux used Pro Paint Sticks, applied using the fingertips to lids to create a rainbow-esque effect on eyes. Sunshine was applied from crease to lid, followed by a custom mixed pastel shade (achieved by mixing the chosen color with Pure White Pro Paint Stick) from crease to brow. Finger dots of Marine Ultra Paint Stick, and Landscape Green were applied directly above the eye. To finish the look, lips painted nude, using Mac Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Luxe Naturale.
See the full photo set here.
All Photos and Content ®2012-2013 Rachel Scroggins/The Greyest Ghost