Backstage at the S/S 2015 Marc by Marc Jacobs show, it seemed as if I was transported back to my high school years in the late 1990’s. With makeup inspired by (the original 1980’s) English Rave scene, and hair by 90’s era Bjork, it’s no wonder why!
Redken’s Guido chose Bjorks’s signature hair knots, redone in a mohawk type style, to transform the models into “tough girls” for the show.
Redken’s Wind Blown 05 was used to add texture to hair. Next, said Guido “I started by taking the hair into four horizontal sections and bringing them into little ponytails at the top of the crown, twisting them down, leaving some ends out and then pinning them with fine pins. Nothing is perfect. The part isn’t perfect, so you get kind of a punky feeling.”
Before the models hit the runway, hair was slightly tousled. Guido continued: “I put a little bit of water on my fingers to pull out the baby hairs around and sticking them to the face so it looks like they just came from a rave, but still a little innocent.”
To get the look:
1. Wash hair with Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo and Conditioner and let air dry.
2. Liberally spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over the hair to add texture and grip.
3. Divide the hair into four horizontal sections, using small elastics to put each section into a ponytail.
4. Twist each tiny ponytail down into bun and secure with small U-pins, leaving the ends of the hair sticking out to make it look more like a Mohawk.
5. Spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray on the ends of the hair to create piecey texture.
6. Wet fingertips with water and pull out the baby hairs around the face for a messy, almost sweaty finished look. – Via Redken
The finished look:
Diane Kendal for Marc Jacobs Beauty took the theme even further, creating a look that transformed models into post-dancing raver girls. The focus was on “sheer, clean, glowing skin”.
To get the look: skin was perfected with Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel SuperCharged Oil Free Foundation and Beauty Perfection Powder- Featherweight Finish in 100 Finish Line. For eyes, Twinkle Pop Eye Stick was applied to lids, and brows were set with Brown Tamer Grooming Gel in #30 Invisible.
Marc Jacobs Beauty Lip Lock Moisture Balm in #10 Makeout was applied to the contours of the eye, and high points of the cheek to add shine to the face. Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Lip Gel in #106 Moody Margot was applied to lips.
To complete the look, Elisa Ferri used limited edition shade of Enamored Hi-Shine Nai Lacquer in Milk on nails to “mimic the look of cellophane”.
The complete finished look:
See the full photo set here.
All Photos and Content ®2014-2015 Rachel Scroggins/The Greyest Ghost