CHROMAT continues to awe audiences each season with their innovative, architecture inspired collections. One of the most hyped presentations of MADE Fashion Week, the brand never ceases to turn the fashion world on its head and reinvent the typical fashion show.
After featuring LED and wearable tech for the FW14 show, Chromat introduced a new plus size collection for SS15, and featured up and coming plus size models to showcase the line on the runway.
MAC Cosmetics Executive Director of Makeup Artistry Lyne Desnoyers created a “simple but gorgeous” geometric inspired look for the show Featuring raw skin, with an athletic flush, and small dots of bright color on the inner corners of the eye. The tiny dots of Chromacakes in white and orange were dotted on using a pencil eraser, while the rest of the eye was kept bare of mascara or eyeliner.
Chuck Amos for Oribe Hair Care created an architecturally inspired look featuring “a top knot and cornrows”.
To get the look:
1. Brush out the hair with a paddle brush.
2. Using a rat tail comb (Amos used a T3 Rat Tail Comb), section hair either on the sides or in the back for cornrow placement.
3. Gather the remaining hair up into a topknot using a combination of Gel Sérum and Supershine Moisturizing Cream. Using a bristle brush, gather hair into a high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic.
4. Flat-iron the ponytail from midshaft to ends with a flatiron (Amos used a T3 SinglePass X 1.5” Wide Iron).
5. Spray the ponytail with Dry Texturizing Spray and wrap hair into a loose topknot and pin at the base. It should look effortless.
6. Apply a combination of Gel Sérum and Supershine to the section of hair you left out to prep for the cornrow. Start braiding in a wavy pattern or strip and secure with a rubber band. Clean up the edges and tame any flyaways with Superfine Strong.
7. Finish the look with a generous misting of Shine Light Reflecting Spray.
Manicurist Eda Evenson (AKA Lady Fancy Nails) created a simple yet eye catching black and white striped geometric nail to accompany the collection.
See the full photo set here.
All Photos and Content ®2014-2015 Rachel Scroggins/The Greyest Ghost